have gotten emails from several customers concerned that their packages
have been lost because they are late and/or tracking data shows them to
have been in the Jersey City sorting facility for days.
Those packages are now moving. Most have been delivered already.
understand that shopping online this year has been unprecedented, and the
USPS, UPS and FedEx are trying to run beyond their capacity. In the 10
years I have been shipping packages, (thousands and thousands of
packages), the USPS has NEVER lost a Priority Mail package, and has lost
only two or three First Class packages. Please be patient. Your
packages will arrive.
Highlights of 2017 and Goals for 2018
by Les Albjerg
Fighting a Fish on the South Fork of the Boise
As the Christmas song goes, "The weather outside is frightful!", so rather than fishing, I have been thinking about the highlights of 2017. It would be nice to get several folks to share some of their highlights as well as their goals or plans for next year. I am going to list my top five.
1. Is number one! My son is back fishing again, and he even bought his own Daiwa Sagiri rod! I took him up to one of my favorite places to fish this summer, and he was hooked on fixed line fishing.
2. I discovered 7 ponds and 3 stretches of river as well as 1 creek close to me where I can have fun fishing for less than an hour session. I got out fishing a lot in 2017.
3. I did some headwater fishing, and found it to be fun as well as a unique challenge.
4. I took three special trips this year, two to go after two species that have alluded me. I caught several Yellowstone and Bonneville Cutthroat. It is nice when a plan comes together. My third trip was two special afternoons near Austin Texas fishing the State Parks thanks to John Evans. Free time at a conference was never spent so well!
5. I battled "many" five pound plus carp with my Kyogi rods. I have not caught a monster yet, 12.5 pounds being my biggest. I have caught at least one carp on all 4 lengths of the Kyogi rod and am the proud owner of the whole set, the Kyogi 12, 15, 18, and 21. I have only caught one on the 15, and it is becoming one of my favorite rods. The ultimate Czech nymphing rod.
GOALS FOR 2018
1. Do more high lake and mountain stream fishing. I failed to catch a grayling or golden trout this year.
2. Make sure I take time to cultivate my son's new interest in fixed line fishing.
3. There are two streams a little further away than the ones mentioned above that need to be explored.
4. There are three wilderness areas in the high desert south of me that have red-band rainbows. I was hoping to fish at least two of them this year, and just didn't make it.
5. If possible, meet Chris Stewart in person.
So, please share your story.
Oh, not on the list, but the only rod really missing in my inventory now is a 5 meter, so I am planning of filling that niche too.
Return to Your Tenkara Stories.
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” - Benjamin Franklin
"Be sure in casting, that your fly fall first into the water, for if the line fall first, it scares or frightens the fish..." -
Col. Robert Venables 1662
As age slows my pace, I will become more like the heron.
The hooks are sharp.
The coffee's hot.
The fish are slippery when wet.
Beware of the Dogma