The TenkaraBum Refund/Exchange Policy is basically, if you don't like it, send it back. However, there are some limitations.
The Refund/Exchange period is 60 days. If you don't like something, you should know within 60 days.
What you send back must be in new condition - I have to be able to resell it as a new item.
- For cork gripped tenkara rods, if the plastic wrapping has been removed from the cork grip, the rod is NOT in new condition. It is then a used rod whether you have used it or not. ALL packaging materials must be returned in unused condition (rod sock, information sheet, warranty sheets, etc).
- For any rod, if it is scratched it is not in new condition.
- If you have tied a knot in the lillian, untie it before sending it back. If you cannot untie it and cut it off at the knot (yes, that has happened) you will be charged for a replacement tip section.
- For items that are in packages that are not resealable (Varivas tippet, KTC rod caps or Power Isome for example) the packages must not have been opened.
- The seal on line and Fujino tippet spools must be intact.
You are responsible for the postage to return the item and for the postage to send you a replacement item (unless what you received is not what you ordered). If you are returning a rod BUY INSURANCE. If it arrives broken I cannot give you a refund. The insurance proceeds will be your refund.
- You will receive a refund only after I receive the item.
- If the item is damaged when I receive it, it is no longer in new condition.
- The Shipping/Handling fee for your initial order will not be refunded or credited towards an exchange.
Hooks and Fly Tying Materials cannot be returned or exchanged.
Special order items cannot be returned or exchanged.
Replacement rod parts are special order items and cannot be returned or exchanged.
Refunds are subject to an administrative fee of 5% or $1, whichever is greater. PayPal and Shopify both charge a fee for processing transactions, and they do not refund their fees under any circumstances. "Store credit" does not exist. You will receive a refund or credit towards an immediate exchange.
Before returning an item for a refund or exchange, you must contact us.
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” - Benjamin Franklin
"Be sure in casting, that your fly fall first into the water, for if the line fall first, it scares or frightens the fish..." -
Col. Robert Venables 1662
As age slows my pace, I will become more like the heron.
The hooks are sharp.
The coffee's hot.
The fish are slippery when wet.
Beware of the Dogma
Currently processing orders that were received May 12.