The TenkaraBum Refund/Exchange Policy is basically, if you don't like it, send it back. However, there are some limitations.
What you send back must be in new condition - I have to be able to resell it as a new item.
- For cork gripped tenkara rods, if the plastic wrapping has been removed from the cork grip, the rod is NOT in new condition. It is then a used rod whether you have used it or not. ALL packaging materials must be returned in unused condition (rod sock, information sheet, warranty sheets, etc).
- For any rod, if it is scratched it is not in new condition.
- If you have tied a knot in the lillian, untie it before sending it back. If you cannot untie it and cut it off at the knot (yes, that has happened) you will be charged for a replacement tip section.
- For items that are in packages that are not resealable (Varivas tippet, KTC rod caps or Power Isome for example) the packages must not have been opened.
- The seal on line and Fujino tippet spools must be intact.
You are responsible for the postage to return the item and for the postage to send you a replacement item (unless what you received is not what you ordered). I would highly recommend that you purchase insurance and tracking.
- You will receive a refund only after I receive the item.
- If the item is damaged when I receive it, it is no longer in new condition.
- The Shipping/Handling fee for your initial order will not be refunded or credited towards an exchange.
Hooks and Fly Tying Materials cannot be returned or exchanged.
Special order items cannot be returned or exchanged.
Replacement rod parts are special order items and cannot be returned or exchanged.
Refunds are subject to an administrative fee of 1% or $1, whichever is greater. Refunds for items I receive after 60 days from purchase will be subject to an administrative fee of 5% or $1, whichever is greater. "Store credit" does not exist. You will receive a refund or credit towards an immediate exchange.
Before returning an item for a refund or exchange, you must contact us.