The Micro Fishing Kit is packaged for tanago fishermen in Japan. It includes a complete rig:
- a line set up for a 2.7m (9') rod
- a float
- markers (very sensitive indicators that go on the line beneath the float to show if a fish has taken your hook and is swiming to the side without taking the float under)
- tippet connector (clever piece of gear that allows you to connect the very fine snell from the hook to your main line without having to tie a knot in the thin snell)
- three snelled tanago hooks (one on the pre-rigged line and two spares)
- some lead foil to use as a very delicate sinker
- plus a line winder to hold the rig when not in use.
The line is set up for a 2.7m (9') rod but also comes marked in case you want to cut it to 2.4m (7'8"), 1.8m or 1.2m to use with a shorter rod.
If you decide you really like micro fishing, eventually you will want to buy more hooks, more floats and some split shot and some micro fishing line but the kit isn't a bad way to get started.
Out of stock
Micro Fishing Kit - $7
I don't want to make fun of bass fishermen (at least not too much). Many are good old boys that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. But I am convinced that the reason they need a pickup truck is to carry their tackle box. This box, in contrast, is micro sized - it measures 4 1/8" by 2 1/2" by 1 1/4". I call it the Tanago Tackle Box. It will hold the line winder for the kit, plus some extra hooks and sinkers, and perhaps even some micro fishing flies.Tanago Tackle Box (just the box - kit, floats, hooks, etc. sold separately) - $5.50
Payment is through PayPal but you don't need to have a PayPal account. You can use your credit card.
Domestic shipping is $3, via US First Class mail (2-5 day delivery). Most small items can be shipped together for a flat $3 charge. The charge is automatically added to your order.
International shipments require an additional $5 to Canada and and
additional $7 to other countries. The additional charge is not added
automatically. Please click the appropriate button. International shipping is via USPS International First Class mail, which can take from two weeks to one month, depending mostly on the destination country's customs office.
| I fished the micro kit with a tiny piece of worm. It worked great. The colored indicators really helped, most of the stikes, the micro float never even moved. There were two other guys fishing with golf ball sized bobbers, and they were amazed (and frustrated) that we were catching fish left and right.
Dylan R, New Jersey